BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
COORDINATOR OF HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND ATHLETICS
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
Job Goal: The Coordinator of Health, Physical Education and Athletics district wide K-12
position with responsibilities for implementation of curriculum, co-curricular and extracurricular activities in Health, Physical Education and Athletics.
The Coordinator of Physical Education and Athletics shall work under a contract of 204 days--the school year plus two weeks after the conclusion of the school y ear and two weeks before the regular school begins and any additional time that may be required to fulfill his/her duties and responsibilities as shall be determined by the Superintendent of Schools or designee.
1. Assist in the recruitment, screen, hiring and assigning of Health, Physical Education and Athletic personnel.
2. Conducts department meetings and attends relevant school district and professional meetings as necessary.
3. Manages the procedures for evaluation and selection of Health, Physical Education, Athletics textbooks, assessment measures, supplies and equipment.
4. Coordinates with the Professional Development Committee staff to develop activities and in-service training in Health, Physical Education and Athletics.
5. Develops the budgets and grants for Health, Physical Education and Athletics and maintains an inventory of books, equipment and other materials.
6. Represents the school system through contacts with community groups, other school systems, and other agencies and identifies and used available community sources to enrich program offerings.
7. Advises the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction in statewide policies related to Health, Physical Education, and Athletics curriculum and regulations.
8. Prepares reports as required.
9. Coordinates the scheduling, supervision, and implementation of athletic events as well as the activities of all Athletic Booster Clubs and BPAC (Bourne Pride in Athletics).
10. Ensures that the program of studies in Health and Physical Education is consistent with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and that the athletics program is consistent with MIAA rules and with Title IX requirements.
11. Coordinates the development and articulation of Health and Physical Education curriculum and Athletic programs throughout the district, including the establishment of student performance objectives.
12. In coordination with principals, evaluates, programs, courses, instructional methods and teaching procedures in Health, Physical Education and Athletics.
13. In coordination with principals, evaluates the performance of Health and Physical Education teachers and athletic coaches.
14. Consults with principals to achieve progress in the subject areas, co-curricular and extracurricular programs in the district schools to assure conditions of effective functioning and to enable the district to take full advantage of the services of the Coordinator.
15. Performs other related duties as so directed by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually by the High School Principal.
Adoption Date: 10/19/2005
Job Description - Job Descriptions