BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
Reports to: Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent
Job Goal: Providing district wide educational leadership in developing, coordinating, and maintaining the computer technology program so that each student will derive maximum benefit. The Director provides support and advice regarding the integration of technology into all curriculum areas, staff development in the administrative and instructional uses of technology, and technical oversight of all related equipment and software.
- Works together with Curriculum Directors, Principals, and faculty to integrate technology into the K-12 curriculum.
- Coordinates development of goals and objectives of technology program.
- Assesses progress of the program.
- Meets with other faculty members and administration to plan interdisciplinary cooperation involving technology.
- Arranges with principals and conducts in-service training for faculty and staff and orients new teachers in technology.
- Assists in obtaining grants and volunteer services.
- Stays current with new technology and research in their field and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Maintains membership and active involvement in professional organizations.
- Collaborates with the administration in the interviewing and hiring of all staff within the departmental area.
- Must be able to maintain and supervise the district web pages.
- Collaborates with the principal in preparing and administering the budget for technology.
- Collaborates with the building principal and curriculum directors on the identification of materials appropriate for the integration of technology into the curriculum.
- Plans, organizes, and presides over departmental meetings.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
- Assists principal in the supervision and evaluation of staff in the Technology Department.
- May supervise and evaluate non-professional staff and stipend positions in area of responsibility in conjunction with building principal.
- Carries out other supervision and evaluation duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
Â· Must have experience with Microsoft NT, TCP/IP, Windows95, MacOS, and network administration with sufficient knowledge to diagnose and troubleshoot common network problems. Microsoft certification a plus but not required.
Â· Must have cross platform experience in order to maintain mixed environment of Macintosh and PC based computers.
Â· Must have experience in common software packages including Microsoft Office, ClarisWorks, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Netscape Navigator, and Microsoft Explorer.
Â· Must have experience and/or knowledge of federal and state educational technology compliance requirements such as E-rate, SIMS, school administrative software systems, etc.
Adoption Date: 7/27/1999
Job Description - Job Descriptions