BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL BUILDING MONITOR AT BOURNE HIGH SCHOOL
Reports to: Principal/Assistant Principal
Job Goal: To help maintain a safe and healthy
environment where maximum learning can take place.
1. To become familiar with school rules and procedures as published in the student and faculty handbooks.
2. Assist in the enforcement of the provision of the Education Reform Act of 1993 prohibiting the use of tobacco products by students within the school building and on school grounds.
3. To routinely monitor school halls, stairwells, lavatories, outdoor areas, and other areas where students are known to use tobacco products and to work with the school administration to identify areas of frequent tobacco use.
4. To follow school procedures relative to detection of tobacco use by students and be familiar with all such procedures.
5. To refer to the school administration all students caught using tobacco or violating other school rules.
Terms of Employment: Grant funded position â€“ school year
Salary: As per the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Support Personnel currently in effect.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually by the Principal/Assistant Principal.
Adoption Date: 4/11/2000
Job Description - Job Descriptions