BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
DATA ENTRY CLERK/OFFICE ASSISTANT
Reports To: Director of Technology, Director of Business Services and Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Goals: Receives, reviews and enters data into computer system; tracks databases according to established procedures. Ensures accuracy of all entries and performs database maintenance functions. Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Central Office.
- Keeps track of received data and source documents.
- Prepares and sorts documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.
- Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Data entry on the Student Information System of private student information. Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.
- Confirms accuracy of data such as course numbers, days, dates, times, locations, and instructors.
- Compares data entered with source documents, or reenters data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
- Reviews and makes necessary corrections to information entered.
- Processes various forms.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining effective and efficient records management system.
- Generates reports and responds to inquiries regarding entered data as requested.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Performs general clerical duties such as typing, answering phones, etc.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Knowledge of assigned program activities guidelines and processes.
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social background.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Detail orientated with the ability to carry out multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Possession of at least an Associateâ€™s Degree preferred
- Experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the positionâ€™s essential duties and responsibilities noted above.
Terms of Employment: Twelve month work year; 37.5 hours per week
Evaluation: Performance evaluation will be conducted annually by the Superintendent of Schools.
Adoption Date: 10/6/2010
Job Description - Job Descriptions