BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
EARLY CHILDHOOD LIAISON
Reports to: Director of Student and Special Education Services
1. The Early Childhood Liaison will work to support and advocate for Early Childhood education and care.
2. Serve as a resource for parents.
3. Offer support as programs seek NAEYC accreditation and CDA credentials.
4. Oversee activities of consultants hired to survey community and provider needs.
5. Coordinate parent trainings.
6. Coordinate provider trainings.
7. Develop resources for families and early childhood professionals.
8. Assist in child find activities and provide information of family support and education in parental rights.
9. Collaborate with Upper Cape Community Partnership network to share resources, concerns, and solutions.
10. Attend monthly Early Childhood Council Meetings and update the Council.
11. Coordinate the mini grants to programs seeking NAEYC accreditation and family day care providers seeking their CDA credential.
12. Develop promotional material to promote the Councilâ€™s goal of community outreach.
13. Provide referrals to parents who seek tuition assistance and develop materials to promote community awareness of the availability of tuition assistance.
14. Works with Early Childhood Committee to meet the grantâ€™s goals and objectives.
15. Oversee consultants hired to provide assistance to providers on NAEYC accreditation and the CDA process.
16. Manages assigned CPC budget and adheres to all requirements of the Bourne Public Schools.
17. Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Executive Council.
Terms of Employment: School year (184 days)
Â· Degree in early childhood required. Early childhood experience required.
Â· Knowledge of Massachusetts Child Care regulations.
Â· Must have own transportation.
Â· Experience working with Early Childhood professionals and parents helpful.
Â· Must be able to work some evenings.
Adoption Date: 1/25/2006
Job Description - Job Descriptions