BOURNE PUBLIC SCOOLS
ELEMENTARY DEPARTMENT HEAD FOR
Reports to: Building Principals, Title I Director, Assistant Superintendent
Job Goal: In addition to teaching/literacy coaching responsibilities, work directly with literacy coaches, Title I reading teachers, and special education teachers and, indirectly, with classroom teachers, to support the K-4 Literacy Program and full implementation of the 3-Tier Reading Model
1. Conduct and coordinate reading meetings of appropriate staff to assure implementation of the 3-Tier Reading Model.
2. Coordinate reading assessment schedules.
3. Coordinate uniform scheduling and implementation of data driven intervention reading strategies.
4. Work with reading specialists and Title I staff to understand, analyze, and use data to improve curriculum and drive instruction.
5. Assist the Assistant Superintendent in arranging presentations and informational sessions to the School Committee and community.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of best educational practices in reading.
7. Establish curriculum objectives consistent with the Literacy Manual.
8. Assist with preparation of Literacy budgets.
9. Assist with the evaluation of Literacy Coaches and Title I teachers as requested by the principals.
Massachusetts Certification as a reading specialist or a Masters in Curriculum, with a Reading Concentration
Performance will be evaluated annually by the Title I Director and Assistant Superintendent.
Adoption Date: 6/7/2007
Job Description - Job Descriptions