BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
ELEMENTARY WORLD LANGUAGES TEACHER
Reports to: Building Principal
Job Goal: To provide to students in the elementary schools classroom instruction in conversational French, Spanish, and such other languages as may be appropriate, and related cultural education.
1. Prepares and implements in elementary classes lessons in conversational French and Spanish and related cultural education.
2. Prepares and implements in elementary classes lessons in such other languages and related cultural education as may be appropriate.
3. Advises regular classroom teachers on weekly follow-up activities to strengthen student achievement in World Languages and culture.
4. Offers families suggested follow-up activities to strengthen student achievement in World Languages and culture.
5. Assesses and reports student achievement in World Languages and culture.
6. Contributes relevant displays, artifacts, and activities to school building celebrations of World Languages and culture.
7. Attends faculty meetings and participates in appropriate district program committees.
8. Fulfills responsibilities included within the Teachersâ€™ Contract, the professional performance evaluation system, and the polices of the Bourne Public Schools.
Â· Massachusetts certification to teach World Languages and culture at the elementary grade levels.
Adoption Date: 6/19/1996
Job Description - Job Descriptions