BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) TEACHER ASSISTANT
Reports to: Building Principal/Assistant Superintendent
Job Goal: To provide assistance to the classroom teacher in a variety
of instructional and non-instructional activities for limited English
1. Assist, as assigned, in implementing English language proficiency benchmarks and outcomes.
2. Assist, as assigned, in administering state mandated English language proficiency testing.
3. Collaborate with teachers regarding English proficiency support needs.
4. Provide follow-up activities to the teacherâ€™s lessons including working with children individually or in small groups under the direction of the teacher.
5. Assist with the implementation of computerized software instruction within the areas of speech/language.
6. Participate in designated in-service programs.
7. Respond to the needs of the students as appropriate.
8. Assist with the translation of parent notices into native language.
9. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal/Headmaster.
- Associates Degree or higher
- Experience with limited English proficient
- College level courses in English as a Second Language preferred
- Experience working with children
- Experience working with computer software
- Required fluency in a second language; e.g., Spanish, French, Russian, etc.
Evaluation: To be evaluated annually by the principal with the assistance of the assigned teacher.
Adoption Date: 5/10/2004
Job Description - Job Descriptions