BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT FOR EMPLOYEE, SCHOOL
COMMITTEE AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
Reports to: Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent for Learning and Teaching
Essential Duties and Performance Responsibilities:
- Employee Services coordination
School Committee Coordination
- Ensure a positive and smoother experience for new hires from interviews through to assimilation in the Bourne Public Schools
- Process all Employment Agreements
- Prepare hiring packets and lead processor
- Benefits coordination/liaison to Town Treasurer
- Reports all Workers' Compensation matters to the Town of Bourne Human Resources Director
- Vacancies/postings through various mediums including the school website
- CORI coordination/processor
- Unemployment forms processor
- Complete employee verification forms
- Process employee request for leave documents
- Maintains and processes accounting of and application for use of the Sick Bank
- Process FMLA paperwork
- Digitally/electronically maintains accurate attendance records of all employees
Process centralized substitute calling services for schools and districtProcess building verified weekly payroll for substitutes and tutors for Accounts Payable/Payroll LeadEnsure compliance with deadlines and application with all aspects of IMPACT aid filing, Foundation Reserve filing, EEOC filing, P.L. 874 filings and state reporting.Complete certain statistical sections of federal reports and surveys and prepare complete report for submissions to the requesting agency.Maintains School Choice, Private School, homeschooling data collection for required state reporting.Community outreach/PTA LiaisonMaintain the district broadcast E-News system and prepare weekly E-News community e-flyer.Process all fundraising requestsExecute "No School" announcements with local radio and local television.Prepares draft information for the annual Town ReportLiaison for all utility vendors for the Bourne Public Schools, e.g. gas, electric, water, etc.Process clerical tasks as required by the Director of Business Services and Accounts Payable/Payroll Lead (e.g. check distribution, filing, supporting bid processes, cost research, vendor relations)Report regularly to the superintendent/assistant superintendent on any developments or problems within the district that requires his/her awareness or action.Sort Central Office MailMeeting preparation as requested by Central Office administrators, e.g. refreshments, materials, mtg space, etc.Serve as a receptionist, answer telephones, and give general information in response to public inquiries.Perform other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring efficient and effective functioning of the Central Office.
- Respond to School Committee request for information as requested by the Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent
- Assists the Superintendent and School Committee by identifying problems which in the Employee Services area which need to be addressed through collective bargaining, and upon request by gathering data maintained as part of the duties set forth in this job description for use at the bargaining table.
- Prepare and arrange for electronic distribution of School Committee and Sub Committee agendi and supplemental materials in preparation of all School Committee and Sub Committee meetings.
- Prepare all materials for pending School Committee and Sub Committee meetings.
- Maintain an electronic file and update the district website for School Committee and Sub Committee meeting agendi, approved minutes and supplementary materials.
- Maintain the School Committee section of the district website including approved School Committee policies, minutes and supporting documents.
- Secure recording secretary for the School Committee and/or attends as the recording secretary.
Vision - Must be able to prepare and read documents and use a computer and other office equipment on a daily basis.
Auditory and Verbal Communication - Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently by telephone and in person with School Committee members, staff, students, parents and the public.
Physical Abilities - Performing this position requires extended sitting, filing, and use of a computer and other school office equipment.
Extended Concentration, Excellent Recall Abilities and the Ability to Remain Calm in Stressful Situations - These capabilities are an important part of properly fulfilling the requirements of this position.
- High School Diploma; at least five years of experience in one or more responsible administrative and/or secretarial positions
- Such alternatives to the above as deemed appropriate by the Superintendent
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Detailed-oriented and high level of proficiency and accuracy in all duties.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to process, and appropriately maintain, sensitive, confidential material about employees and students
- Ability to exercise discretion, work independently, and carry out complex assignments with general instructions
- Ability to interact appropriately and in a positive manner with the School Committee, public, staff and students
- Ability to learn and understand District rules and procedures and legal requirements
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems and solutions
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop cooperative and harmonious workplace relations
Salary: To be negotiated
Terms of Employment: Employment Agreement, 12 month work year, 52 weeks per year, 8 hours per day; plus one half hour non-paid lunch.
Evaluation: Evaluated annually by the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent
Adoption Date: 3/30/1987, Revised: 3/1/2004; 11/13/2012
Job Description - Job Descriptions