BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Reports to: Building Principal
Job Goal: To provide staff and students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and
efficient environment in which the school systemâ€™s goals and responsibilities for education may be achieved
Supervised: Building Custodians
Essential Duties and Performance Responsibilities:
(All responsibilities under Custodianâ€™s Job Description plus)
1. The Head Custodian shall keep the building Principal informed regarding all matters pertaining to the effective operation and maintenance of the building.
2. The Head Custodian shall be responsible for directing the custodial work force of the building.
3. The Head Custodian shall be responsible for maintaining an adequate amount of cleaning supplies and paper products for the building and when necessary submit requisitions for same.
4. The Head Custodian shall be responsible for informing the building Principal of any problems requiring the attention of the Maintenance Department.
5. The Head Custodian shall be responsible for monitoring energy consumption within building.
6. The Head Custodian shall be responsible for any preparations attendant to the use of the building by an outside group.
7. The Head Custodian shall be responsible for maintaining all tools and equipment in good working order.
8. Performs duties as may be assigned by the building Principal or Director of Business Services.
Knowledge of Equipment and Operation. Must be able to comprehend and follow verbal and written instruction as appropriate to custodial activities. Relevant experience as a school custodian, or the equivalent in custodial service in other institutions.
Possession of a valid Massachusetts Driverâ€™s License.
Â· The position requires moderate physical effort. The position requires the delivery of a full range of custodial services to the public. Several hours a day will be spent walking, standing, sitting or climbing whenever necessary. Crawling may also be occasionally required. Must be able to tolerate heights. Activities include frequent physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending and twisting. The position also requires frequent pulling and pushing of materials. There is frequent use of hands and power tools.
Â· The position requires the lifting of objects of 40 pounds on a frequent basis and over 40 pounds occasionally.
Â· The position requires ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions; must be able to work in all areas under construction or renovation.
Terms of Employment: 12 month year; salary in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement in effect between AFSCME and the Bourne School Committee.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Building Principal.
Terms of Employment: 12 month year; salary in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Adoption Date: 1/1/1901, Revised: 11/13/2012
Job Description - Job Descriptions