BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPALâ€™S SECRETARY
Reports to: Building Principal
Supervises: Student office aides
Job Goal: To expedite the daily workings of the Principalâ€™s office, dealing with central administration, students, teachers and parents under the direction of the Principal in such a fashion as to provide maximum facilitation of the overall educational process.
1. Serve as secretary to the High School Principal.
2. Answer the telephone and respond to all inquiries relating to responsibilities as the principalâ€™s secretary.
3. Prepare material for the opening and closing of school.
4. Type and mail teaching assignments.
5. Prepare school directory, extra help schedule, and no-school-call listing.
6. Assist with and distribute master schedules to all departments.
7. Prepare student handbook and all enclosures.
8. Keep an accurate address file for all students and update when necessary.
9. Keep a file of all teacher programs used by substitutes and update this file as necessary; produce/maintain substitute handbook.
10. Coordinate distribution of term report cards.
11. Process all deposits and payments for activity accounts and maintain all bookkeeping records for all activity accounts at the school.
12. Set up and maintain a complete file on all forms for office and school use.
13. Maintain all school lunch records and related correspondence.
14. Maintain a complete file and records all information relative to the purchasing of materials used by the staff at the school.
15. Control and keep current inventory of all teacher and office supplies.
16. Types all purchase orders for all departments at the school.
17. Assist in the preparation and typing of the school budget.
18. Coordinate the mailing for the staff and maintain a postage fund for certified letters, film returns, etc.
19. Work with students and class advisors on various club accounts.
20. Maintain a file of accident reports.
21. Prepare insurance claim forms and any related correspondence.
22. Maintain a file of all sports accidents.
23. Processes all accident reports for Athletic Department.
24. Coordinate and assist in all graduation activities and exercises.
25. Prepare all correspondence related to graduation.
26. Provide assistance to other secretaries within the building when necessary.
27. Process and maintain work order requests.
28. Coordinate and provide all correspondence/nominations/program for Academic Award Program.
29. Notify colleges and coordinate program of memory night/book awards.
30. Coordinate all faculty/staff evaluations for building.
31. Coordinate/process publishing of the BHS newsletters.
32. Maintain record of staff absences/substitutes.
33. Process/type accreditation reports for the principal.
34. Process faculty and department head agendas for principal.
35. Maintain/process School Council agendas, minutes, correspondence.
36. Maintain/process Advisor/Advisee Program correspondence.
37. Process correspondence for SAT Prep Programs, MCAS Programs, and summer classes.
38. Maintain/process fund raising applications.
39. Process DOE reports such as Individual School Report, etc.
40. Oversee entire process of student electionsâ€”nominations and voting.
41. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
42. Answer phone and greet people in a friendly and courteous manner.
43. Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Successful completion of high school.
- Completion of business school/college courses desirable.
- Experience with secretarial work desirable.
- Facility with word processing and general computer usage desirable.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually by the Principal.
Adoption Date: 2/6/2004
Job Description - Job Descriptions