BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT SECRETARY
Reports to: Athletic Director, Building Principal and Assistant Principal at Bourne High School
Job Goal: To expedite the daily activities of the Athletic Department; working
with the front office of Bourne High School; the Bourne Public Schools
Central Office Administration, students and athletes, teachers, coaches, and parents; and to provide the assistance necessary for the Director of Physical
Education, Health, and Athletics to complete the responsibilities of his/her
job in an efficient and effective manner.
1. Serve as receptionist in the Athletic Department;
2. Type correspondence as requested for Director of Physical Education, Health and Athletics (hereinafter referred to as the Director);
3. Organize all of the clearinghouse information for all athletes at Bourne High School, including the records necessary to identify an athlete as an eligible player;
4. Maintain records of physicals exams as they pertain to athletic competition;
5. Provide periodic reports to Coaches as to the eligibility of athletes;
6. Assist in the Athletic Department scheduling/canceling/postponing and rescheduling of athletic competitions;
7. Organize and complete the transportation schedule for each athletic season;
8. Provide directions to athletic competitions;
9. Organize the scheduling of officials for all home athletic competitions;
10. Organize the scheduling of event staff for all athletic competitions at home that require tickets;
11. Assist in the supervision of athletic competitions;
12. Prepare the press releases necessary for the purchase of season tickets for athletic competitions and the ordering and selling of those tickets;
13. Complete the ticket sales reports for each athletic competition with gate receipts;
14. Complete all necessary information to deposit gate receipts;
15. Organize and record individual pay vouchers for all officials and prepares end of season report for the business department;
16. Maintain the schedule of building facilities with the appropriate building administrators;
17. Assist the booster clubs as necessary;
18. Record and forward accident reports to the Principalâ€™s/Headmasterâ€™s secretary;
19. Type purchase orders as needed;
20. Maintain office supplies;
21. Maintain all files for the Athletic Department;
22. Maintain all inactive records for the Athletic Department;
23. Prepare, type, and mail notices of meetings, as requested, to identified participants;
24. Maintain photocopier in office;
25. Keep Athletic Department information on computer;
26. Provide assistance to all coaches, teachers, and other Health, PE, and Athletic Department staff and to other Athletic Directors as needed; and
27. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
28. Answer phone and greet people in a friendly and courteous manner.
29. Perform other duties as requested by Director of Physical Education, Health and Athletics and the Principal/Headmaster, and/or Assistant Principal at Bourne High School.
30. Assist in the preparation and implementation of the Athletic Department budget.
- Successful completion of high school
- Completion of business school/college courses desirable
- Experience with secretarial work desirable
- Facility with word processing and general computer usage desirable
Evaluation: Performance to be evaluated annually, in writing, by the Athletic Director.
Adoption Date: 1/1/1901
Job Description - Job Descriptions