BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
Reports to: Building Principal or his/her designee
Job Goal: To provide to students in the middle school engineering technology that is based on criteria set forth in the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks Science and Technology Book.
1. Meets and instructs assigned students in the location and at the time designated.
2. Plans a program of study that is based on criteria set forth in the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks Science and Technology Book.
3. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
4. Creates a classroom environment that is conductive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
5. Prepares for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
6. Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and achievement.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
8. Implements the districtâ€™s mission, philosophy of education and instructional standards and objectives.
9. Assesses and documents the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Documents the learning problems of students and seeks the assistance of specialists as required.
11. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
12. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of behavior, maintaining order in a fair and just manner.
13. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
14. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
15. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, colleagues, and parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
16. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required to do so under reasonable terms.
17. Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal or his/her designee as appropriate.
Â· A Bachelorâ€™s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
Â· Maintains a valid Massachusetts teacher certificate appropriate for the assignment of Engineering Technology Teacher.
Â· A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner.
Â· Such alternatives to the above as the School Department may find appropriate and acceptable.
Terms of Employment: As determined by the contract of the Bourne Educatorâ€™s Association and the Bourne School Committee.
Evaluation: As determined by the contract of the Bourne Educatorâ€™s Association and the Bourne School Committee.
Adoption Date: 6/7/2000
Job Description - Job Descriptions