2021-2022 Bus Routes for Pre-Registered Students as of 8.27.2021:
BHS & BMS (Shared Transportation)
Please COMPLETE THIS FORM if you have not yet submitted your transportation request. Additional requests submitted after 8.26.2021 will be processed as soon as possible. Once your student has been added to the bus route, you will be notified by email. Please note that caregivers will be required to provide transportation for their student until their request is processed and approved.
School Bus Safety
Please review the following information with your child prior to the start of school. Our goal is to work together to ensure a safe ride to and from school.
AT THE BUS STOP:
- Walk to the bus stop, do not run.
- Be at the bus stop five to ten minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Wait in a safe place and never engage in horseplay at the bus stop.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop, activate red flashing lights and stop sign to be extended before approaching the bus.
- Never speak to strangers at the bus stop and never get into a car with a stranger. Notify your parents, bus driver and or teacher immediately if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
ON THE BUS:
- Go directly to a seat. Remain seated and facing forward for the entire ride.
- Talk quietly (so the driver will not be distracted).
- Always be courteous and respectful of others.
- If you need to talk to the bus driver, wait for the bus to stop, raise your hand and call the driver's name.
- Keep the aisles clear at all times.
- Never throw anything on the bus or out the windows.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before getting out of your seat.
EXIT THE BUS:
- When getting off the bus, step five or more steps away from the door. Stay away from the bus wheels and watch out for moving cars.
- Once you get off the bus, go straight home so an adult will know where you are.
- Only get on and off the bus at your designated stop.
- If you leave something on the bus, NEVER go back to get it. The driver may not see you come back and may begin to move the bus.
- If you drop something near the bus, tell the driver. NEVER attempt to pick it up without talking to the driver.
CROSSING STUDENTS SHOULD:
- Walk in front of the bus, NEVER behind the bus.
- Walk at least 10 steps ahead of the bus.
- Be sure the bus driver can see you and you can see the bus driver.
- Wait for the driver's signal to cross.
Director of Transportation
(508)759-0670 ext. 6258