|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
Clerical Assistant/Teacher Assistant
Policy # JD9
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
CLERICAL ASSISTANT/TEACHER ASSISTANT
Report to: Principal
Job Goal: To assist with the daily workings of a school in the classrooms and the office dealing with the students, teachers, and parents under the direction of the school principal and school secretary in such a fashion to facilitate the overall educational process of the school and to promote good will among the wider school and town community.
1. Answer the phones and act as a school receptionist.
2. Assist with the typing of reports and letters and other correspondence for the Headmaster and Deans.
3. Copy, collate, compile, and distribute student and faculty notices.
4. Assist in securing substitutes for faculty members when they occur during the day.
5. Process student requests for bus passes
6. Distribute daily mail.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the principal.
8. Assist in classrooms as needed.
9. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually by the principal.
Salary: Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement Teacher Assistantsâ€™ Salary Schedule.
Adoption Date: 12/6/2000