|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
High School Attendance/General Secretary
Policy # JD28
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE/GENERAL SECRETARY
Reports to: Principal and Assistant Principal
Job Goal: To expedite the daily workings of the high school office, dealing with
Central Administration, students, teachers, and parents, under the direction of the Principal and Assistant Principal, in such fashion as to provide
maximum facilitation of the educational process.
1. Serve as a receptionist in the main office.
2. Establish and maintain a file of student addresses and telephone numbers.
3. Maintain a record of daily attendance of staff and students.
4. Call parents on issues related to student attendance and dismissals.
5. Receive and maintain paperwork relevant to attendance issues on all students.
6. Provide computer transmittals on a weekly or as needed basis.
7. Email staff with notices as needed.
8. Distribute the mail.
9. Prepare school-wide bulk mailing.
10. Distribute informational flyers to students.
11. Operate intercom system during the school day.
12. Assist with preparation of purchase orders and student obligation forms.
13. Operate and maintain the automatic telephone calling system.
14. Maintain the photocopiers for the building.
15. Monitor the security system and all visitors to the building.
16. Provide assistance to other secretaries within the building when necessary.
17. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
18. Answer phone and greet people in a friendly and courteous manner.
19. Perform other duties assigned y the Pricipal and Assistant Principal.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually in writing by the Principal and/or designee.
Adoption Date: 1/1/1901