|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
Policy # JD38
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL LIBRARY ASSISTANT
Reports to: Principal in consultation with the School
Media Specialist (where applicable)
Job Goals: To oversee book and media circulation and cataloging, and
maintain the library as a pleasant and available place for
1. Provide clerical assistance to the library through completion of routine tasks as assigned by the Library/Media Specialist/Principal.
2. Supervise students under the direction of the Library/Media Specialist/Principal.
3. Assist teachers in providing a program in library skills for students when no Library/Media Specialist is available.
4. Record teacher and pupil requests for print and non-print purchases when no
Library/Media Specialist is available.
5. Coordinate volunteers to work in the library when no Library/Media Specialist is available.
6. Assist students in finding information or resource material.
7. Maintain up-to-date cataloging when no Library/Media Specialist is available.
8. Maintain an up-to-date equipment inventory when no Library/Media Specialist is available.
9. Set up and check out audiovisual materials when no Library/Media Specialist is available.
10. Attend curriculum meetings that pertain to area of responsibility when no Library/Media Specialist is availa
11. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
12. Other duties as may be assigned by the building Principal/Headmaster.
Evaluation: To be evaluated annually by the Principal with the assistance of the Media Specialist where applicable.
Adoption Date: 3/1/2004