|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
Middle School General Secretary
Policy # JD47
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
MIDDLE SCHOOL GENERAL SECRETARY
Reports To: Building Principal or his/her designee
Job Goal: To expedite the daily workings of a school office, dealing with the Central Administration, students, teachers, and parents, under the direction of the school principal/headmaster, and in such a fashion to provide maximum facilitation of the overall educational process of the school
1. Serve as a receptionist in the main office.
3. Call parents on issues related to student attendance and dismissals.
4. Operate intercom system during the school day.
5. Monitor the security system and all visitors to the building.
6. Maintain attendance registers.
7. Compile Federal Affidavits.
8. Email notices to staff as needed.
9. Report student enrollment and staff absences to Central Office daily.
10. Monitor student absentee answering machine daily.
11. Assists in securing substitutes for faculty members.
12. Prepare daily student attendance list.
13. Prepare printouts as needed by administrators/miscellaneous.
14. Keep Family court petitions for truant officer.
15. Type monthly reports for central office.
16. Maintain log of incoming and outgoing students.
17. Type teacher notices on a daily basis.
18. Type suspension reports and give to appropriate staff.
19. Fax or send miscellaneous student records to other schools.
20. Maintain record of substitute teachers who covered for teachers/assistants who were absent.
21. Arrange for in-house substitute coverage when no substitute is availa
22. Maintain records of teachersâ€™ free periods are recorded in case they are needed.
23. Maintain a record of custodians who are absent.
24. Answer telephone and greet people in a friendly and courteous manner.
25. Update year round/files and forms in the front office file cabinet .