|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
Social Worker/Adjustment Counselor
Policy # JD63
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SOCIAL WORKER/ADJUSTMENT COUNSELOR
Report to: Director of Student and Special Education Services
Job Goal: The School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor will act as a liaison among family, school, and social agencies to obtain for families, individual children, and school personnel those services needed to help families support their children in a school setting.
The School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor will coordinate services within the school and home communities to assist students with issues that interfere with school functioning or attendance.
1. Acts as liaison between family and school.
2. Conducts home assessments and/or visits for preschool, elementary, middle, and high school levels as deemed necessary with approval of the principal.
3. Provides information to parents and caregivers when directing them toward resources and interventions availa
4. Provides short term individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, and mediation services.
5. Provides consultation to parents about school behavioral issues and guidelines for positive changes.
6. Attends Team, Review, and Child Study Meetings.
7. Coordinates and/or attends parent and teacher meetings.
8. Provides ongoing intervention and communication with teachers.
9. Consults with community agencies by providing communication, coordination of services and interventions.
10. May provide intervention with courts on behalf of schools as required by law to monitor school offenders and/or truants.
11. Member of the School Crisis Team.
12. Attends meetings with principals, special education chairpersons, and other administrators regarding studentsâ€™ progress.
13. Attends workshops, in-services, and conferences.
14. Performs any other duties, etc. as assigned by the Director of Student and Special Education Services or the Superintendent.
Â· Masters Degree in counseling social work, or related degree
Â· Massachusetts certification as a Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor
Evaluation: To be evaluated by the Director of Student and Special Education Services in conjunction with the Principal.
Adoption Date: 2/2/2005