|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
Special Education Teacher Assistant
Policy # JD67
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER ASSISTANT
Reports to: Director of Student and Special Education Services,
Principal and assigned Special Education Teacher
Job Goal: To facilitate the implementation of special education plans and programs or 504 plans as directed by the Director of Student and Special Education
Services, the Department Head for Special Education, the Principal/Headmaster, and Special Education Teacher
1. Assist, as assigned, in implementing daily programs and plans of the total child including special education, social, emotional, behavioral, activities of daily living, toileting, feeding, positioning, (may require lifting), personal hygiene, dressing, and others, as necessary.
2. Assist, as assigned, in implementing programs for the total child in special education classrooms or school environments, mainstream classrooms, and community settings.
3. Keep anecdotal records per teacherâ€™s directives.
4. Collaborate with teachers regarding the academic, social, behavioral, and physical needs and/or modifications, accommodations, or activities of the total child.
5. Provide organizational and classroom maintenance assistance as designated by supervising teacher or principal.
6. Respond to the needs of students, especially at times when teachers are otherwise not available.
7. Participate in designated in-service programs.
8. Perform assigned school duties such as lunch, recess, bus, hall, etc.
9. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student and Special Education Services, Principal/Headmaster, or assigned teachers.
Evaluation: To be evaluated annually by the Principal with the assistance of the assigned teacher.
Adoption Date: 3/26/2003