|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
Speech and Language Teacher Assistant
Policy # JD69
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE TEACHER ASSISTANT
Reports to: Building Principal, Director of Student Services
Job Goal: To provide assistance to the speech therapist in a variety of instructional and non-instructional activities.
1. Assist, as assigned, in implementing the daily speech and language program.
2. Assist, as assigned, in implementing special education and 504 plans.
3. Collaborate with speech therapist and teachers regarding the speech and language needs, modifications, and accommodations as required.
4. Provide assistance with record keeping, progress reports, attendance, etc.
5. Provide follow-up activities to the teacherâ€™s lessons including working with children individually or in small groups under the direction of the speech therapist.
6. Provide organizational and speech room and/or classroom maintenance assistance as designated by the speech therapist.
7. Respond to the needs of the students, especially at times when the speech therapist is otherwise not available.
8. Participate in designated in-service programs.
9. Perform assigned school duties such as lunch, recess, bus, hail, etc.
10. Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or assigned speech therapist.
12. Assist with the implementation of computerized software instruction within the areas of speech/language.
Â· Associates Degree or higher in communication disorders and/or two years experience in speech and language.
Â· Good to excellent communication skills
Â· Excellent organizational skills
Â· Experience working with children
Â· Experience working with computer software
Evaluation: Performance to be evaluated in writing annually by the principal.
Adoption Date: 5/5/2004