BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
GENERAL TEACHER ASSISTANT
Reports to: Building Principal, Teachers
Job Goal: To provide assistance to the Principal/Headmaster and
teachers in a variety of instructional and non-instructional activities.
- Assist, as assigned, in implementing daily programs and plans of the total child including regular education, special education, and 504 plans as necessary.
- Supervise students as determined necessary by the Principal/Headmaster.
- Work with students individually or in small groups under the direction of the classroom teachers and the Principal/Headmaster.
- Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the school Principal/Headmaster
- Associates Degree or higher
- Experience working with special education and/or regular education students preferred
Evaluation: Annually by the building principal/headmaster with the assistance of the assigned teacher.
Adoption Date: 3/1/2004
Job Description - Job Descriptions