|Series Job Description - Job Descriptions|
Teacher of English Language Learners
Policy # JD78
BOURNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TEACHER OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
Reports to: Building Principal
Job Goal: This position is responsible for delivering high quality instruction to our K-12 English Language Learners and administering required testing in accordance with the Massachusetts State Frameworks and state regulations.
1. Develop English language skills in accordance with ELPBO or WIDA at various proficiency levels according to the curriculum.
2. Administer required English proficiency assessments at designated testing times throughout the year.
3. Teach a sheltered content class to LEP students, or co-teach a content class with a teacher licensed in that content area.
4. Act as a resource to mainstream teachers regarding working effectively with and sheltering instruction for LEP students in the general education classroom.
5. Other duties as assigned by the principal.
Â· Proper licensure from the Massachusetts DESE in the instruction of English Language Learners.
Â· Additional licensure in ELA, mathematics, science, or social studies preferred.
Â· Masterâ€™s degree preferred.
Â· Knowledge of Massachusetts ELPBO document or WIDA language standards, Massachusetts ELA Frameworks, and MEPA or WIDA assessment.
Â· Qualified MELA-O Administrator.
Â· Understanding and appreciation for different cultures.
Â· Demonstrated effective teaching skills.
Â· Strong collaborative skills with families and colleagues.
Position Type: Professional
Adoption Date: 6/6/2012